Monday, February 22, 2010

Tick - Tock... Tick - Tock...


Do you ever stop and think about TIME? I find myself pondering about it all the time. Allow me to explain...

I really like time-pieces. In fact, you might say I have a fetish for fine watches. I know I'm the rare breed that not only enjoy watches, but I also keep up with news about them. Sure, some people freak out to hear that a wrist watch can cost $600,000 and can't believe someone would pay that much for one; while at the same time they understand (well, somewhat) that folks would pay millions of dollars for a painting from Vincent van Gogh, Pablo Picasso or the like.

And when you notice that most young people now don't own, much less buy, watches anymore (regardless of price) because they use the clock on their mobile devices, someone like me is becoming even more rare.

I fine myself, especially when I'm traveling, noticing the time-piece on other's wrists. It's difficult to identify what they are with so many models on the market now (and with my "past forty" eyes), but I can usually spot one that's really a luxury piece.

If money were no object, my first watch purchase would be a Breguet Tourbillion Messidor...but, money is an object so I just keep this one posted in my "wish list". But, I still occasionally treat myself to one (note picture above of the SPEC OPS Black Warrior the wife picked up for me from MTM - a great company to do business with by-the-way).

I don't see watches as just a time-piece for the arm, I see them as a work of art: the craftsmanship and man-hours that is required to put a luxury watch together, along with great looks and the incredible accuracy all catch my attention...but I see them as something else too.

I see them as a reminder that we are each given so much "time". And I view it as a constant reminder asking what we're doing with that time. How we prioritize our time, how we share that time with family and friends, how we give our time to others.

My question: Regardless of whether you wear a watch: Are you mindful of the time you have and how you're using it? What are some of the methods you use to monitor the use of your time?


[Note: photo from http://www.armaslajungla.com/]

Your Success Is My Business.”™

pondering - "to think about : reflect on"

Please share with others:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

They feature exceptional timekeeping performance which makes them the exact life-long companions for the exact wearers. For individuals who like to rolex replica watch, they clearly know that the exact reproductions are of wonderful value at lower costs.Piaget replica watches

hemorrhoid treatment said...

The omega is really a very good manufacturer, especially their mariner watch. really cool.cheap gucci bags You can get many other luxury watches in chanel bags for sale