Friday, March 12, 2010

Where are you?

I'm not a baseball fan. And I know, I know...it's the "American Past Time", but it's just a tad to slow for me to sit, watch and enjoy.

Now I'm not saying I've not ever watched a baseball game as I have. I just never watched an entire game on TV. I have attended my kids games while they've played. I guess when you have some form of participation that's directly connected to you it's different. Other than that, I'll probably not (I hate to use "never") attend a professional baseball game other than the fact I could say "I've done it".

But I was thinking about baseball the other day and about how they separate team plays into innings. "Where are we?" I've heard people say at games and I always hear the announcers on TV updating us with "...bottom of the ____". So this seems to be an important part of the game.

Well, all this caused me to ponder on life and how we might break it down into innings.

So while thinking about all of this, knowing the age & stage I am in my life right now, what inning would I say I'm in?

I thought about this long and hard, back over all my life, where I am now and here is what I came up with: I'm still at batting practice, but I am in the major leagues.

I find that each day I'm still learning, still discovering things and still working (with my perfectionist mentality) to get it right. Sure, I've stepped up to the plate many times and I've swung the bat. I've hit the ball, sometimes getting on base, sometimes a pop-fly out, sometimes a foul, and yes, sometimes a home-run.

In a way, I hate to think about it ever being the "ninth inning" and the game being over...but I guess that's all part of the game too.

My question: So with all that said, what inning are you in?


[Note: photo from http://www.scoreboards-us.com]

Your Success Is My Business.”™

pondering - "to think about : reflect on"

Please share with others:

No comments: