Tuesday, April 13, 2010

What gets you out of bed in the morning?

What motivates you to get out of bed each morning? Is it debt? Is it because you have a career that is also your passion? Something gets you going each day.

I was pondering on this as I was reflecting on something my son recently told me.

Since he's been out of school, he's struggled with his life purpose - his career, where to live, adjusting to being a responsible adult and paying his bills, etc. He's recently had an opportunity with a new career which will lead him to a new location to live and a new life adventure ahead of him. His comment to me was, "You know I wake up every morning wondering what and why I'm doing that day. For the first time in my life, I feel like I have a purpose now." Awesome!

My question: I'd like to know what gets you out of bed every day.


[Note: photo from https://www.naturalbalancenow.com/]

Your Success Is My Business.”™

pondering - "to think about : reflect on"

Please share with others:

1 comment:

Paul Hertneky said...

I get out of bed every morning hoping to make a difference with my work. I've been a freelance writer and teacher for 20 years and suddenly both are threatened by expanding technology and my inability to keep up with it. You see, I am cursed with dial-up internet service, making research, once doable with dial-up,too slow to be cost-effective. Blogging, which would greatly enhance my platform is nearly impossible. Now I'm being told that an online teaching opportunity may pass me by because I can't get high speed at home and therefore can't handle the software. I don't live that far out and have plenty of neighbors in the same situation -- DSL is a quarter of a mile away and has been for years. But FairPoint seems unable to serve the final mile.

Ten years ago, when I was first promised DSL, I underestimated how critical it would be to my professional survival. Now I know. And I'm up against the wall. Making it harder for me to get up in the morning.

I didn't anticipate this situation, just as FairPoint didn't anticipate the troubles it has seen in New England. Comcast won't serve us. We have no other cable operators, but we'll kiss the feet of any provider who steps up.

I like your blog, Joey. I'm glad you're such a dedicated guy. I'm well-known for my optimism too, but when it comes to this issue and Fairpoint, my mood darkens and I want to roll over and go back to bed.

Paul phertneky@aol.com