Monday, September 28, 2009

"Go to the Buick and turn around."

I'm watching "Any Given Sunday" the other night on AMC, not one of my favorite movies but there was nothing else on and I hadn't seen it in a long time. I did get motivation from the inspirational speeches that happens throughout the movie...in fact the speeches are so popular that you find many of them posted on YouTube.

The one that stood out to me this time, was one that happens early in the movie when Tony D'Amato (Al Pacino) pulls 3rd string quarterback Willie Beamen (Jamie Foxx) off to the side after he's pulled off numerous bad plays and attempts to settle him down.

The thing that calmed Willie down was when D'Amato reminded him of playing back home in his youth. He said, 'Don't you remember telling the guy to go to the Buick and to turn around' so that he could make the throw?

"Go to the Buick and turn around." So simple.

Is there something going on in your life now that's got you over anxious, not properly focused and maybe even those around you questioning your ability to deliver? If so, maybe you need to go to your Buick and turn around.

Until next time, remember “Your Success Is My Business.” ™

[Note: photo from http://www.library.jhu.edu/]

Like this post? Pass it on! (See "Share it" link below)

1 comment:

Chris said...

Thanks! I needed that reminder!