Thursday, August 13, 2009

Customer Experience - Red Carpet Treatment


Isn't the customer experience the responsibility of the entire company? Shouldn't everyone employed at a business consider themselves part of the customer experience team? Isn't the customer experience the main long-term focus of all businesses? All these questions are things I constantly ponder on and discuss with the business leaders/owners I interact with.

I recently read a statement that asked (rhetorically I'm hoping) 'when did the customer experience become the responsibility of only one group of a company?'

How true.

If your business isn't rolling out the red carpet to everyone the comes into contact with your company - whether face-to-face, via e-mail, phone call, social media, or whatever touch point you provide your customers - are you assuming that your competition isn't either?

I truly believe that most businesses are working on how to WOW! their customers and that there's nothing wrong with a customer experience team to create and deliver those processes. It's unfortunate, though, that there are businesses out there that don't take the time to focus on this. I read an article recently about how a well established business, with known problems in the past, continues to let people down in their customer experience.

How does your business focus on the customer experience? How do you hold yourself personally accountable for the customer experience, regardless of your company's process? What local company (preferably not some national chain) that you do business with is the best at the "customer experience"?

THANKS for reading! Until next time, remember “Your Success Is My Business.” ™

[Note: photos from http://3rdi.ie/]

Like this post? Pass it on! (See "Share it" link below)

2 comments:

wishse said...

I am a new customer to fairpoint and have never been so dissapointed in my life. I hope to have the opportinity to share this experience with you. The contact center for NH service clearly has no idea about the "red carpet" treatment for new customers! Wow, worst service I've experience in some time. I will be calling the corportate offices later today and hope I actually get to speak with a person.

Joey Peacock said...

I hope you contact me at wpeacock@fairpoint.com and provide me additional details so that I could look into this more for you. I apologize for the lack of superior customer service and hope that you let FairPoint make it right to you. Though this is my personal blog/page and my comments/posts in no way represent my employer (also see disclaimer on my blog page), I'm always available to help and will work to do so.