Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Are you going up hill?

I subscribe to John Maxwell's "Maximum Impact Club", so each month I receive a CD lesson to review (along with a mini-booklet).

The one I just completed (Volume 13, Number 2) was really great. It was titled "Truths About Leadership".

John made a statement in the lesson that really stood out to me, and I think provides some sense of encouragement to leaders who feel they're always going "against the wind".

John stated, "You can tell when you're on the road to success, it's up-hill all the way."

Now how powerful is that!?!

Though, as leaders, we can often tell we are making progress, sometimes that progress seems to be filled with pain and resistance. When you review yourself through the filter of John's statement, then it helps make sense why this is happening.

Do you have any thoughts and/or examples of how you've felt this way as a leader (and remember, John's other famous saying is that "...everyone is a leader of someone...")? Please click the comment link below and share your stories.

Thanks!

Until next time, remember “Your Success Is My Business."™

http://joeypeacock.com/

No comments: